quarta-feira, outubro 02, 2024

“Courage is the first of human qualities because it guarantees all others.” (Winston Churchill)

“Courage is the first of human qualities because it guarantees all others.” (Winston Churchill) It takes courage. It takes a sense of humor. Hope is needed. It takes resistance. "The fish dies through its mouth", say the people. Always impulsive, when I was little, my father scolded me and said I should carry a button in my mouth. So, whenever I thought about saying something, I removed the button seven times. I've never done this, but in more formal circumstances, I think a lot before acting, writing, speaking. And when I look at social media, at statements from politicians, commentators or public figures, I think of my father's advice. One button. Seven times. If they did, how different everything we read, hear and do would be. “Life is like that, it is full of words that are not worth it, or that were worth it and are no longer worth it, each one that we say will take the place of another more deserving one, which would be so not so much for itself, but for the consequences of having said it.” (José Saramago I am fully aware that my life has changed. These days are also used to face time and try to extract some advantages from it, those that spend the rest of the year running away from us, because we always say that we don't have time to pursue them with respect and the fury that they deserve. As an unknown author said: “Life is already complicated and full of setbacks. Maintaining a good mood is a survival secret.” Never stop fighting for what you believe in. Never give up on your dreams. And never stop fighting for your happiness. Never give up fighting for your goals, never let someone try to undermine your thoughts with ideas that are contrary to your dreams. Dreams are the basis of everything, without them, it is impossible to live, as dreams feed our soul with each new dawn. “Hope is the dream of a waking man.” (Aristotle) Stop, listen and look are warnings that can be used for any occasion. Smile because there is always someone looking at you. Be silent because we are never alone. Accept that the rules apply to everyone, both at home and on the street. However, one cannot forget, as Marilyn Monroe said: “If I had followed all the rules, I would never have gotten anywhere.”

Sem comentários: